Hosta 'Liberty' - very popular!
Hosta Liberty is American Hosta Growers Hosta of the Year 2012,
- Hosta 'Liberty' is a sport of H. 'Sagae' that features thicker leaves and a much wider yellow margin.
- Leaves emerge in spring with blue-green centers and a neon yellow margin.
- Illuminates the shade garden in spring when the margins are bright yellow.
- In summer the leaves are green with a creamy white margin.
- Upright hosta with lots of character and color contrast.
- This hosta doesn't look like much when it is young. When you see a mature clump of 'Liberty' it will knock your socks off.
- This hosta has been climbing the popularity polls and we believe it will be #1 very soon. A must have!
- Slow grower that you need to be patient with. Site this hosta in good fertile soil with good moisture retention.
- If grown in poor soil you can expect a clump half the listed size.
- Lavender flowers in summer.
Why Should I Grow It? You will anticipate the emergence of this hosta each year. Certainly one of the best hostas available! (J. Machen Jr. 2000)
Giant Hosta Cultivar
Color: Green and Yellow
Size: 28 inches tall by 60 inches wide
Type: Giant Sun Tolerant Hosta
Pot size: #1 (2.55 qts)