Hosta Sea Thunder - one of the best variegated hostas!
Hosta 'Sea Thunder' is the white-centered stable sport of the streaked Hosta 'Sea Lightning'.
- Leaves emerge in spring with yellow centers surrounded by a dark green margin.
- In summer the leaves are white with a dark green margin.
- There are lighter green streaks where the leaf center and margin overlap.
- Vigorous grower for a white-centered hosta.
- As with Hosta 'Sea Lightning', this hosta occasionally sends up all green leaves that should be removed to keep the true plant.
- Deep lavender flowers appear in late summer.
Why Should I Grow It? Great white-centered hosta.
(M. Seaver/AHS/K. Walek 2009)
Medium Hosta Cultivar
Color: Cream and Dark Green
Mature Size: 16 inches tall by 33 inches wide
Pot size: #2 (4 qts)