Hosta 'Frances Williams' - Classic - New!
'Frances Williams' - Mature Size: 26"T x 63"W)
- Hosta 'Frances Williams' is a sport of H. 'Elegans' and remains one of the best-known cultivars of hosta.
- The large leaves are blue'green with a golden yellow border and really stand out in the shade garden.
- Forms a large mound of thick corrugated leaves.
- Was the most popular hosta for many years.
- The only downfall of this hosta is that it is sometimes affected by spring desiccation or spring burn. The yellow part of the leaf develops areas of brown dying tissue due to excessive water buildup in spring.
- This condition occurs in spring before the leaves have hardened off and can be helped if kept from direct sunlight and excessive wetness.
- Even though the leaves are affected by this issue, this hosta is a tribute to one of the most influential people in the hosta world and belongs in every collection.
- White flowers in summer.
Why Should I Grow It? Beautiful blue-green and gold leaves make a great specimen plant.
(F. & C. Williams 1986)
Pot size #2 (4.0 qts)