Hosta 'Blue Hawaii' - Gorgeous Blue Specimen - very large potted plant - New!
"Blue Hawaii' - Mature Size: 30"T x 42"W) - developed by Olga Petryszyn
- Upright, vase-shaped hosta reaches for the sky with slightly cupped and corrugated powder-blue leaves.
- Petryszyn says that like the tropical waters of Hawaii, this hosta has rich powdery blue color.
- 'Blue Hawaii' holds it's blue color through the season when grown in shade.
- Heavy glaucous coating on both sides of the thick leaves that have great slug resistance.
- Slow grower that needs rich loamy soil. Give this hosta a special spot out of direct sunlight and enjoy!
- Very pale lavender flowers in early summer.
Why Should I Grow It? Very large mound of upright blue foliage. Great specimen plant.
(O. Petryszyn 1999)
Pot Size: #3.5 (18 qts) - very large for Hostas