Hosta Fire Island
Hosta 'Fire Island' has brilliant yellow leaves accented by bright red petioles in spring. The red continues into the base of the leaf.
Mature Size: 15"T x 24"W
- New growth fades in intensity as the season progresses and is more chartreuse in summer.
- Leaves become gently rippled with some corrugation at maturity.
- This hosta is a yellow hosta that defies the rule that yellow hostas take more sun.
- Best color is obtained by giving this hosta bright morning sun and dappled shade the rest of the day.
- If grown in too much sun the leaves will bleach out and burn.
- Lavender blooms appear in summer and contrast nicely with the yellow foliage.
Why Should I Grow It? Brilliant yellow leaves held on red petioles.
(B. Brincka 1998)